A delicious seasonal tart – the majority of ingredients can be sourced at the Farmers’ Market
Will feed 6 people and excellent served with a simple garden fresh salad.
Savoury Shortcrust Pastry – use your favourite recipe … you know what to do, pre bake it and get it ready to fill with deliciousness! A 28-30cm diameter tart tin is a good size
Tuscan Kale and Swiss Chard/Silverbeet (steamed then squeezed then chopped roughly (approximately the amount of two good bunches) so that when you steam lightly, its squeezes and chops down to approximate 1.5 – 2 cups (Manji Fruit & Veg and the Mammone’s Fresh Veg stall)
Few sprigs of fresh dill – chopped roughly (Oasis Hydroponics)
3 spring onions sliced thinly (Manji Fruit & Veg)
1 clove garlic chopped finely or crushed
1 x whole Heidi cheese round, the usual size Sonja sells on Saturday mornings
150g Heidi fetta grated
1/4 cup grated Cambray Manchego cheese
6 MR Free Range Eggs or Peter Horne’s Free Range Eggs
1/2 cup cream
Indian Ocean garlic sea salt
Method – have your oven preheated on 180C
- When you’ve steamed your greens, squeeze out all moisture and chop them roughly, then place evenly all over your pre-baked tart base;
- Break up the fresh chevre as you go, again evenly spreading the cheese so that it is all over the base., Sprinkle the grated fetta over evenly too;
- Sprinkle evenly over whole tart base the dill and spring onions;
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt & pepper and garlic;
- Pour the egg mixture over the greens and cheeses;
- Sprinkle the grated Manchego over the top for an extra tasty tart.
- Bake in the moderate oven for approximately 35-45 minutes… check at 35, it may need a little longer, but 45 minutes should be ample. Take it out of the oven and let it rest to set for 5-10 minutes, that way its easier to cut.