COVID19 June 2020 Statement: The Margaret River Farmers’ Market will be open every Saturday.
When you come to the market we ask a few things of you:
- If you are unwell please stay home.
- Please wash your hands before you come – there is hand sanitiser at our entrances and all stalls.
- Adhere to the physical distancing recommendation of 1.5m apart.
- Queue respectfully and be patient as everything is a little different from usual, things may take a little more time.
- Please come into the market area and do your shopping promptly then head back home.
- We highly recommend tap & go transactions.
The Margaret River Farmers’ Market was awarded the 2018 Delicious Awards Most Outstanding Farmers’ Market in Australia. Established in 2002, Margaret River Farmers’ Market has been working hard at bringing fresh seasonal food directly from farmers and producers to the community.
The Margaret River Farmers’ Market has real farmers predominantly from the Margaret River Region (and just beyond, a specific appellation within the southwest) selling seasonal fresh farm produce and artisan food producers selling food they’ve produced directly to consumers. Our stallholders must be personally hands on in the production of the food they sell at the market; no reselling is allowed. Further, there is no craft available, just fresh food and cut flowers. This makes the Margaret River Farmers’ Market an authentic farmers’ market as our community can access truly local, fresh and seasonal food directly from the people who have grown or produced the food every Saturday morning.
Margaret River Farmers’ Market connects hard working farmers to consumers, it connects consumers to their food source and the seasons; it allows a fantastic space and place for the community to connect every week. It lowers food miles and strengthens the local economy. You can’t get better than a farmers market! Hopefully we’ll see you there soon! You’ll see within one step inside our market, it truly is a very special thing.